Following process will help you to configure your Yahoo Mail under Internet browser Firefox. Firefox often uses your Operating system’s default email provider to send an email. But there is an option to set Yahoo! Mail as your default email service for Mozilla Firefox. Mozilla Firefox’s setting can be easily changed and customize as per as your requirement.
The procedure to configure your Yahoo Mail under Internet Browser Firefox is as Follows:
- To configure your Yahoo Mail under Internet Browser Firefox first log in to your Yahoo Mail account then choose the gear button on the top of that page and Select “settings”.
- After selecting settings Click “Edit” next to your Yahoo Account Settings.
- After clicking edit Make sure that the “POP” option is selected and then click ‘save’ and you can now sign out from your Yahoo Mail account.
- After saving your settings Open Mozilla Thunderbird Browser.
- After opening the Mozilla Thunderbird Browser Click on “Email” under “Create a new account.”
- After opening the Mozilla Thunderbird Browser and clicking on email select “Skip this and use my existing email.”
- Next enter your name, username, and password from Yahoo when asked.Click “Continue”.
- Choose the “POP3” option if you want to use the POP setup.This will pull your emails from the Yahoo server and store them on your local computer.
- After saving the emails from the Yahoo account Click “Done.”
- The yahoo email will show up in Thunderbird, along with the “Inbox” and “Trash” folder. You just need to select your inbox to see your new emails.
The second method to configure your Yahoo mail in Mozilla Firefox is using IMAP method. Below are the steps to configure your Yahoo mail in Mozilla Firefox using the IMAP method?
- In the second method to configure your Yahoo mail in Mozilla Firefox using IMAP first open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- After opening the Mozilla Thunderbird Click on your e-mail as shown on the image.
3. After clicking on your email Click on “Email” under “Create a new account.”
- After creating a new account select “Skip this and use my existing email.”
- After selecting skip this and using my existing email Enter your name, username, and password from Yahoo when asked.Click “Continue”.
6. After clicking continues Choose the “IMAP (remote folders)” option if you want to use the IMAP setup.This will keep your email stored remotely, rather than on your local computer, and will mean that you can access your same emails and folders from other computers, too, rather than having emails only downloaded and stored on your local system.
- After selecting the IMAP option Use the default settings or set them up manually if desired.To do a manual configuration, select the “IMAP” option and click on “Manual configuration. “For a manual setup, enter the server settings as follows:
- Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
- Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with SSL/TLS
Click “Re-test” to make sure the settings are accurate. If it’s successful, move on. If not, double-check that you have entered everything correctly.
- Then Click “Done” to save the settings
- Now, Use your email.You’ll find your Yahoo folder set up in Thunderbird!