If you want to use a standard password make sure that you choose your password carefully and keep it safe from others. There are a lot of options open, and you can create such a password which is easy for you to remember but impossible for the other person to figure it out. A password is a secret which only you should know.
The following are the tips for choosing a strong password for Yahoo Mail which is difficult to guess-
- One should avoid using a complete word from a dictionary or a name for making a strong password for Yahoo Mail.
- Use at least seven characters. The more characters your Password contains the harder it is for someone to guess i.e. long but the simple password can be safer than a short complex one and easier to remember.
- For creating a strong password for Yahoo use a combination of capital and lowercase letters numbers and standard symbols (! @ # $ % ^ & *).
- While creating a password don’t use personal information which someone could easily figure out. One should always avoid a password which is based on information easily obtained about you. (like your birthday, your child or pet’s name, phone number, license plate number, employer, school name, automobile brand, or street name.
- You should not use a password you already used for another account such as your bank account PIN. You should not use your Yahoo ID. Or another username) in any form (such as reversed, capitalized, or doubled).
- Put a new spin on a familiar phrase. Put a favorite phrase or lyric for your password. To shorten it.Substitute letters with a number or a standard symbol or remove vowels.
Choosing a strong password is just one part of protecting your Yahoo account. You should also follow these tips to keep it safe-
- Your Yahoo ID and password are personal information. A Yahoo employee will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
- You should not reply to any message which asks your password.
- You should not write our password down. If you must write it down you should keep it safe away in a place where only you can access.
- You should change your password if you suspect if something is wrong.
- You should use care with the automatic sign in.
- Do not check the keep me signed in on this computer box if you use a shared computer.
- Read the fine print. Before saving your password on any browser plugin or program completely read the security documentation for that program or service. Depending on the program your passwords may be available to anyone who uses that computer.