Temporary errors are something that is not related to the client side which means it is not related to the users. Sometimes issues in Yahoo Mail can cause any Temporary Error to appear. There is no specific cause of these errors and Yahoo corrects them on its own in a few minutes to few hours.
Still, if you want to give it a try to fix it on your own, you can go through the solutions and attempt any or all of the steps to make it faster.
These Temporary errors include:
Temporary Error 1 (“UserOpenFailed”)
Temporary Error 2 (“MailboxOpenFailed)
Temporary Error 3
Temporary Error 13
Temporary Error 14
Temporary Error 15
Temporary Error 16
Temporary Error 17
Temporary Error 18
Temporary Error 44
Temporary Error 45 (issue with loading the email message)
Temporary Error 46 etc.
For any Error that Yahoo defines as a Temporary Error, you can follow the below stated solutions to get rid of that error quicker.
Step 1: You must be using a supported Web browser and Operating System (OS). You must update your browser or Operating System before moving further. Using an out-of-date or unsupported web browser may prevent some of the Yahoo features from working appropriately. Yahoo works best with the latest versions of the web browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Internet Explorer (IE) is no longer supported.
Step 2: Sign out of your Yahoo Mail Account from all the devices.
Step 3: Clean up your Web browser’s cache. Given are the steps for clearing the cache on different web browsers:
- Click on “Open Menu” icon and select “History”.
- Select “Clear Recent History”.
- In the Clear Recent History window, select “Everything” under the “Time range to clear” drop-down menu.
- Select “Details” and click on “Cache”.
- Now click on “Clear Now”.
- You can now Restart Firefox.
- Click on “Settings” icon and select “More tools”.
- Now select “Clear browsing data”.
- Now select “the beginning of the time” from the “Obliterate the following items from” drop-down menu.
- Select “Cached images and files” and click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Now, restart Chrome.
- Click on “Safari settings” icon and select “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Select the time frame from the “Clear” menu.
- Click on “Clear History” and Restart Safari.
Step 4: Now, restart your Web browser.
Step 5: You can now Sign in to your Yahoo Mail Account.