Creating an Email account with Yahoo is simple but sometimes any issue with the web browser or some minor mistakes while filling up the sign-up form prevents the users from creating their accounts smoothly.
The following can be the causes of the unsuccessful registration process:
1. Verification details wrongly entered.
2. ID already taken error message: You are choosing an id name that is already being used by someone else.
3. CAPTCHA code related issues
4. Browser’s compatibility issues
5. Web Browser’s cookies settings
1. It is also possible that the verification detail like contact number you are providing for verification is incorrect. So recheck the same.
2. Yahoo is a popular email service, so most of the times when you want to choose a username, it is already being in use. In such a case, try using a unique username by adding numbers, an underscore(_) or a dot(.) to it.
3. If having trouble with Captcha Verification Code, Click on Captcha Code Verification Error
4. Upgrade or Update your web browser if your current web browser is not the latest one.
5. Check the Cookie settings in your web browser. Sometimes, if your browser is not allowed to accept cookies, you might get errors while accessing yahoo pages. A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your computer gathered by the websites you visit in the form of small text files. Following are the steps given to enable cookies in various web browsers:
In Firefox, cookies are enabled by default. Still, you can either check or change your cookie settings:
- Click on the Menu button, select “Options” and choose “Privacy” from the left panel.
- Under the “History” section, select “Use custom settings for history” in the “Firefox will:” option.
- Select “Accept cookies from sites” to enable cookies.
- If you having troubles with cookies, check that “Accept third-party cookies” is not set to “Never”.
- You can also select for how long cookies are allowed to be stored in the “Keep until:” section.
For INTERNET EXPLORER:
- Following are the steps to allow cookies on your Internet Explorer:
- Select “Tools” menu and click on “Internet Options”.
- Click on “Privacy” tab and select “Advanced” under Settings.
- Check the Override automatic cookie handling” option and select from the “allow”, “block” or “prompt” options for “first” and “third party cookies”.
Safari accepts first-party cookies, by default. However, these cookie preferences can be changed anytime. Steps are given below to enable the cookies:
- Click on “Safari” and select “Preferences”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab in the “Preferences” window and select “Always allow” from the “Cookies and website data” option.
Following are the steps to enable cookies on your Chrome web browser:
- Click on “More” icon at the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings”.
- Select “Show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page.
- Now select “Content settings” from the “Privacy” section.
- Select Allow local data to be set (recommended) and click on “Done”.
You can also try clearing your browser’s cookies if enabling cookies does not work.
Note: If you want to understand the Yahoo Mail Sign-Up (Account Creation) process in detail, Click Here