Yahoo mail error 15 usually appear as pop up due to the system file improper configuration in your operating system. This error not only stops you from using your email but also slows down your current email applications along with the other files. It may happen that if you run many programs at a time, you PC may slow down or you may face unexpected freezes. This error appears while using your Yahoo email and seems as:
“SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE” message appears.
Causes of Yahoo mail error 15 :
It can happen that there is a problem accessing the Yahoo e-mail service. Sometimes, running several programs simultaneously makes your PC perform slower. The reasons behind ‘temporary error 15’ can be Registry errors, RAM issues, Fragmented or corrupt files, Unnecessary or redundant program installations, Spywares or viruses etc.
Solutions to fix Yahoo Mail Error 15:
Step 1: Sign out of Yahoo Mail from all the devices.
Step 2: You should be using a supported Operating System (OS). You can either reinstall your OS or update it.
Method to automatically update the Operating System (Windows 7)
- Select the ‘Start’ button.
- In the search bar, enter Windows Update and then select the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- From the left pane, select Change Settings and then under Important updates, select ‘Install updates automatically (recommended)’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on ‘OK’ and you are done.
Step 3: Check for your Browser Settings too. To reset your browser settings to default, follow the given steps:
In the case of Internet Explorer:
- Save your data and close all the open programs and files.
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on ‘Tools’ Menu.
- Select ‘Internet Options’ and click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’, click ‘Reset.
- Then in the dialogue box, click on ‘Reset’ button to confirm the action.
- Click ‘Close’ to the ‘Reset Internet Explorer Settings’ dialogue box.
- Now you can start Internet Explorer again.
In the case of Chrome:
- Launch Chrome browser.
- Click on Customize Chrome and select ‘Settings’.
- In the ‘Settings’ window, click on Show advanced settings at the bottom of the window.
- Again at the bottom of the window, click on the ‘Reset Settings’ under the heading ‘Reset settings’.
- Now, finally click on the ‘Reset’ button that appears in the dialogue box and you are done.
In the case of Firefox:
- The ‘Refresh’ feature also known as ‘Reset’ in older versions is helpful in fixing many issues.
- Launch Firefox, click on the ‘Menu’ button and then click on ‘Help’ button.
- Now select ‘Troubleshooting Information’ from the given list.
- A new ‘Troubleshooting Information’ window would open. Now click on ‘Refresh Firefox’ given at the top-right side of the window.
- Click on ‘Refresh Firefox’ from the ‘Refresh Firefox’ dialogue box.
- When Firefox is done refreshing, a dialogue box listing the imported contents would be displayed. Click on ‘Finish’ and restart your browser.
Step 4: Now clear your Web browser’s cache and restart it.
For clearing cache from Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click on Customize Chrome, Select More Tools and then select ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Settings window will open and now select ‘beginning of time’ from the ‘Obliterate the following items from:’ drop-down menu.
- You can choose from various options including ‘cached images and files’, to be cleared.
- Now, click on ‘Clear browsing data’ and restart your browser, chrome.
For clearing cache from Firefox, follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Options’.
- Now, Select ‘Privacy’ option from the left panel.
- Now from the listed options, choose ‘clear your recent history’ under the ‘History’ head.
- Choose ‘Everything’ from the Time range to clear drop down menu.
- Select the options you want to be cleared, including ‘Cache’ and ‘Cookies’.
- Click on ‘Clear now’ and you are done.
For clearing cache from Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Internet Options’.
- In the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Delete’ option under ‘Browsing History’ head.
- Now select all the options you want to be deleted, including the ‘Cookies’, ‘History’ etc.
- Click on ‘Delete’ and now you can restart your browser.
Finally, you can attempt logging into your Yahoo Mail Account again.