You also could have encountered an error when trying to open an https page.The error “sec_error_ocsp_future_response” is an OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol) error that might appear due to the use of certificates by the websites that are no longer valid.
This error might appear while you are trying to access a website with invalid certificates.The error message is displayed as given below:
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to filename.mail.yahoo.com. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date In the future). (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_future_response)
• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
• Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
The following are the possible causes of this error:
- Use of invalid certificates by the websites you are trying to access.
- Your system’s date and time do not match with that of server’s date and time.
- Conflicting web browser’s cache.
You can try any or all of the below-given solutions to fix this kind of server error:
Method 1: Check the Date and Time Settings in your computer system’s clock. Double click the Clock icon on the Windows Taskbar and change it with the current time to match up with the servers.
Method 2: You can also reload the webpage(s) and clear the cache to remove the out-of-date or corrupt files.
To reload the webpage, follow these simple steps:
• Press Shift key and left-click the Reload button
• Press “Ctrl + F5” keys or press “Ctrl + Shift + R” keys (on Windows and Linux)
• Press “Command + Shift + R” keys (on Mac)
To clear the web browser’s cache, follow the given steps:
- Select “Settings” icon and click on “More tools”.
- Select “Clear browsing data”.
- In the window that appears, check the box against “cached images and files” and click on “Clear browsing data”.
Method 3: Boot the computer system in Windows Safe Mode, press F8 key to give it a try.