The 400 Bad Request error is an HTTP error which means that the web server did not understand the request sent to it. The request sent might be incorrect or corrupt and that is why not understood by the server.
If this error is shown while uploading a file, then it is possible that the file is too large and that is why rejected by the server. You should also check your internet connection and its speed.
400 Bad Request can be displayed as:
- 400 Bad Request
- Bad Request. Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
- HTTP Error 400 – Bad Request
- HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.
- Bad Request: Error 400
- 400 – Bad request. The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax. The client should not repeat the request without modifications.
- Bad Request – Invalid URL
There are various solutions to fix this Yahoo 400 code error.
If this error occurred while using Yahoo Messenger, you can try this extra method or else try any of the other given methods to get rid of this error.
Reinstalling Yahoo Messenger: You would be required to first uninstall the Yahoo! Messenger and then reinstall it.
Uninstallation steps are given below:
- Click on “Start” button and select “Control Panel” (for Windows 7, Vista and XP)
- Click on “Start” at the bottom left of the screen and right-click to open the “Start Context Menu” (for Windows 8).
- Click on “Programs” and select “Programs and features” (for Windows 7, Vista and XP)
- Click on “Programs and Features” (for Windows 8)
- Look for the program during which the error occurred, like for Yahoo! Messenger (for Windows 7, Vista)
- Click on “Add or Remove Programs” and look for the program during which the error occurred like Yahoo! Messenger under currently installed programs (for Windows XP)
- Click on the “Uninstall” option against your chosen program, like Yahoo! Messenger (for Windows 7 and Vista)
- Click on the “Remove” option against the chosen program, like Yahoo! Messenger (for Windows XP)
- Look for the program you want to uninstall and click on the “Uninstall/Change” option. (for Windows 8)
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process (for Windows 7, Vista, XP and 8)
Installation steps are given below:
Step 1: Go to https://messenger.yahoo.com/download/ and download Yahoo Messenger.
Step 2: Once the .exe file is downloaded, run it following the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Go to https://messenger.yahoo.com/ to activate your Yahoo Messenger. Confirm your profile entering your details and click on “Continue”.
URL: The most common reason for Error 400 to appear is incorrect URL. Check if the URL entered is wrong or malformed.
Browser’s Cookies: Clear your cookies as this error can appear if the cookie is very old or corrupt.
Cleaning Junk Files: A computer system stores all the temporary files and folders during the web surfing. If these files are not cleared on a periodical basis, these may affect a system’s performance or can cause error 400. These temporary files can be cleaned using Disk Cleanup.
- Press Win+R keys, and type “cleanmgr”.
- You would then be asked to select the drive(location) from where you want to clean the files. Select the drive from the drop down menu and click on “OK”.
DNS Cache: DNS cache stores the IP addresses servers that contain the recently viewed web pages. Most of the times, clearing the DNS cache solves the 400 error code.
- Press “Win+R” key and write “cmd” in the box provided.
- Now run “ipconfig /flushdns” command from the Command Prompt window.
- If the command runs successfully, it would show the message “Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache” and your DNS would be cleared.
Browser’s cache: Clearing your browser’s cache solves majority of Error Code 400 issues. Like for chrome browser, perform the following:
- Go to Settings icon, then click on “More tools” and select “Clear browsing data”.
- Now in the “Settings” window, select “cached images and files” and click on “clear browsing data”.
Malware Scan: There are chances that 400 error occurs because your PC is infected with malware. These can damage or delete error related files. So, you should perform malware scan on your PC.
System File Check in Windows: System File Check is a very important feature of Windows that scans and repairs most of the system errors. Below are the steps to run a System File Check:
- Press “Win + R” keys, type “cmd” and click on “Enter”.
- Type sfc /scannow, press enter.
- When the progress is done, close the window.
- Restart your computer.
Update your Windows: Windows Update is used for upgrading the windows operating system. This makes the system more supportive for software and hardware and provides a more stable environment. It is always recommended to keep your windows up to date. Follow the steps given below to update Windows:
- Click on “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
- In the Control Panel Window, Click on “Windows Update”.
- In this new window, click on “Install updates”.
- Now the Windows is updated.