Yahoo Mail error 800c0000 is basically related to the set-up of Yahoo Mail application on a mobile device or synchronization of the Yahoo mail account with the other devices. Due to this error, sometimes a user is not able to send or receive emails etc. Following are given the best solutions to this problem. You can try any number of steps until you get rid of this error.
This error shows up with the following symptoms:
- Due to this error, the user becomes unable to access Yahoo Mail App.
- It does not allow the users to send or receive emails.
Any of the followings can be the cause of this error to occur:
- Using an out-of-date version of Yahoo Mail Application.
- Synchronization issues between Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Mail App.
- IMAP settings of your mobile device.
The following are the solutions to this error. Work with any or all of the steps until this error gets fixed.
Step 1: In Yahoo, SSL is not enabled by default. So, start with enabling SSL and then log in to your Yahoo account to check if it has started working. Following are the steps to enable SSL in your Yahoo Mail account:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on settings gear at the top right of the mailbox and select “Mail” from the given options.
- Now, click on the “General” tab and check the box against “Turn on SSL” at the bottom to enable it.
- Click on “OK” and do not forget to click on the “Save” button at the top.
- Now try signing in to your Yahoo Mail account.
Step 2: If you are not using an updated version of Yahoo Mail Application, get the latest version of the Yahoo App.
Step 3: It might be possible that the connection between your Yahoo Mail account and the application has been lost. So, first sign out of your Account and then again sign-in.
Step 4: Sometimes, installing the latest version of the Application also solves these kinds of issues. Try Uninstalling the app and then again install its latest version.
Step 5: Check for if the problem is related to your IMAP settings. Trouble in accessing the Yahoo Mail account from a mobile device can also be caused due to incorrect IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) Settings. Following are the steps to check your IMAP settings and fix any issue related to them:
Check your IMAP settings
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server:
- Server name: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port No.: 993
- SSL requirement: Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server:
- Server name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port No.: 465 or 587
- SSL Requirement: Yes
- Authentication requirement: Yes
- Email- address
- Authentication required: Yes
Set up your Yahoo Mail account to Mobile device
You can also try setting up your account with the setup wizard.
Setting up Yahoo Mail to iOS device: Email application is pre-installed on the Apple mobile devices. This app does not provide access to the advanced features of the Yahoo Mail app like managing account information, themes and folders. A number of Yahoo Mail accounts can be added to send and receive emails.
Step 1 (to iOS): Add Yahoo Mail account to iOS mail application
Following are the steps to add a Yahoo Mail account to the iOS mail:
- Open the iOS “Settings”.
- Tap on “Mail” and select “Accounts”.
- Now click on “Add Account” and then select “Yahoo”.
- Enter your signing in details and click on “Sign in”.
- Finally, click on “Save”.
Step 2 (to iOS): Update the fetch settings for email notifications
The iOS environment supports 2 kinds of email notifications – Push and Fetch, wherein Yahoo Mail works with Fetch and check for new emails at regular intervals of time. Following are the steps that explain how to update these settings:
- Start with opening the iOS “Settings”.
- Select “Mail” and click on “Accounts”.
- Tap on “Fetch New Data”.
- Select the time interval at the bottom and select “Fetch” option.
- Now tap on your Yahoo Mail account.
Setting up Yahoo Mail to Android device: Following are the steps to add your Yahoo Mail account to the Android device:
- Open Settings on your device and tap on Add account.
- Select Email and enter your Yahoo signing in details.
- Click Next and now check your sync settings and click “Next”.