This is a temporary Yahoo error that usually fixes itself within a few minutes to hours. But if you want to solve it on your own, you should proceed with changing your Yahoo Mail settings.
Following are the consequences of this error:
- Because of this error, the user can’t access his/her Yahoo mail account.
- The user is not able to send or receive any emails.
Error 8 is a temporary error and there are no specific causes of temporary errors still u can consider any of the below stated reasons as a cause of this error to occur:
- Your Yahoo Mail account’s settings might be a cause of this error.
- This can also be due to using the basic version of Yahoo Mail.
Following are the steps to fix this error on your computer system.
Step 1: Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
Step 2: Click on the Settings Gear and select “Settings” from the list.
Step 3: Click on “Writing email” that is displayed on the left panel.
Step 4: After clicking on “Writing email”, either check or uncheck any option from the option “When sending messages”. You can also edit other options like “Default rich text font”, “Default sending Account” etc.
Step 5: Now click on “Save” and you can change these settings anytime, repeating the steps mentioned above.
If you are using Yahoo’s Basic Mail:
This temporary error can also occur in the Basic Mail version of Yahoo Mail when trying to access emails. Again, this error can correct on its own, but you can also try accessing your Yahoo Mail account by switching to the full featured version of Yahoo Mail instead of Basic Mail version.
But before switching, you should make sure that your computer system meets the following requirements:
- You should be using an updated and secure web browser.
- Set your Screen resolution to 1024 X 786.
- Using a slow or interrupting internet connection can make it difficult to load the pages. So, check for your internet connection.
Steps to switch from Basic Mail version to the Full- Featured version:
Step 1: Click on “Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail” that is displayed at the top-right corner of your mailbox.
Step 2: Clean up your web browser’s cache.
Step 3: Now, Restart your web browser and sign in to Yahoo Mail account.