An Error with code 5 that occurs while using Yahoo Mail is a Temporary Error that usually corrects itself within hours.
Following are the consequences of this temporary error 5:
- As a symptom of this error, the user is locked out of his/her Yahoo Mail account.
- The user can neither access his account nor send/receive emails etc.
Below are the possible causes that make this temporary error 5 to appear:
- You have logged in your Yahoo Mail account from more than one place at the same time or Somebody else is accessing your account without authorization. For security reasons, Yahoo blocks your account temporarily in both the cases. It is possible if you are using any of these:
- Computer System and mobile device(s)
- Different types browsers on the same computer system
- Different computer Systems
- If you are using a Web browser or Operating system that is not supported by Yahoo Mail.
Depending on the causes mentioned above, you can try solutions as given below to fix this error:
- Make sure that you use a Web Browser or Operating system which is supported by Yahoo Mail. Some of the Yahoo features might not work properly if you use any outdated web browser. Yahoo supports all the latest versions of the browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari). Internet Explorer (IE) is no long supported.
- Sign out of Yahoo Mail from all the desktop or mobile devices and sign in from only 1 device.
- Clean up your web browser’s cache.
- Click on “Tools” and select “History”.
- Select “Clear Recent History”.
- In the Clear Recent History window, select “Everything” under the “Time range to clear” drop-down menu.
- Select “Details” and click on “Cache”.
- Now click on “Clear Now” and Restart Firefox.
- Click on “Customize Chrome” icon and select “History”.
- In the History window, click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Now select “the beginning of the time” from the “Obliterate the following items from” drop-down menu.
- Select “Cached images and files” and click on “clear browsing data” and Restart Chrome.
- Click on “Safari settings” icon and select “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Select the time frame from the “Clear” menu.
- Click on “Clear History” and Restart Safari.
- After restarting your web browser, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.