Error code 404 or “Not Found” is an HTTP status code which means that the server could not find the page, you were looking for. This is a client-side error which means either the user has typed an incorrect URL or the page he is searching for has been moved or deleted from the website. This error can occur in any Operating System or Web browser.
SYMPTOMS OF YAHOO ERROR 404 :
As a symptom of this error, the web page or the website a user is looking for is not displayed. Only the error message as of the following variants is displayed.
CAUSES OF YAHOO ERROR 404 :
This can be due to any reason as we have discussed below:
- The web page the user is looking for has been moved or deleted.
- Your computer system’s settings can also let this error happen.
VARIANTS OF YAHOO ERROR 404 :
- Error 404 might be displayed in the following ways:
- 404 Error
- HTTP 404
- 404 File or Directory Not Found
- “404 Not Found”
- Error 404
- 404 Page Not Found
- The requested URL [URL] was not found on this server
- HTTP 404 Not Found
- Error 404 Not Found
You can try any of the below-given solutions, till the error is fixed:
- Try refreshing the page you are searching for by simply pressing F5 key or clicking on the “Refresh/Reload” button. Sometimes a simple Refresh often reloads the page.
- Sometimes this error occurs due to mistyped URL. So check for the wrongly entered URL.
- You can search for the page at any search engine. It will automatically find the page if it has been moved from the website you were looking at.
- Clean up your browser’s cache if you are able to access that page from any other device but can’t access the same page on the current device. Following are the steps to clear the cache at Chrome browser.
Go to Settings icon, then click on “More tools” and select “Clear Browsing data”.
Now in the “Settings” window, select “cached images and files” and click on “Clear browsing data”.
- You can also try clearing cookies of your browser if clearing the cache doesn’t help. Follow the above-explained procedure. Click on Settings icon, select “More tools” and click on “clear your browsing data”. Now check the box before “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click on “Clear browsing data”.