This error with code 1240 creates trouble logging in to your Yahoo Smart TV account. Usually, the message “We’ve detected abnormal usage that indicates your account may have been compromised. For your safety, we have temporarily locked your Yahoo Smart TV account” is displayed when this error occurs.
SYMPTOMS OF YAHOO ERROR 1240 :
The following can be said to be the symptoms of this error:
- The occurrence of this error would not allow its users to log in to their Yahoo Smart TV account.
- There might be some trouble with your Yahoo Account key or password.
CAUSES OF YAHOO ERROR 1240 :
Any of the following reasons might result in the occurrence of this error:
- Some password related issue with your account.
- Trouble in 2-step verification process.
- Yahoo Account key related issues.
If you have an enabled Yahoo Account Key, then you must not be using your normal password, instead, create an Application Password to log in to your account. This password can be generated for iOS, Android, Outlook and other mail programs.
Following are the steps to create an Application password:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account from your computer system.
- Click on the Settings gear at the top right corner and select “Account Info”.
- Now select “Account security” from the panel at the left.
- Click on “Generate app password” or “Manage app passwords”.
- Select the application from the drop-down list and click on “Generate”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions below password and click on “Done”.
If you have no enabled Yahoo Account Key, then follow the steps given below to fix this error:
- If you are using a two-step verification for your mail account, you would need to create an application-specific password for signing in to your Yahoo Smart TV. When you sign in to your Yahoo Mail account from a new or unrecognized device for the first time or after clearing the cache on your current device’s web browser, Yahoo verifies your identity using the two-step verification code. It sends a code via text or calls on your registered contact number. Following are the steps to configure the two-step verification:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on Settings gear at the top right corner of your mailbox and select “Accounts Info” at the bottom of the list.
- Now, Select “Account Security” from the panel at the left.
- Click on the On/Off icon next to Two-step verification.
- You will be asked to provide the contact number. Enter the mobile number you have access to.
- If you wish to receive the code via call, click on “Call me” or else click on “Send SMS” to receive the code via text message.
- Now enter the verification code you have received and click on “Verify”.
- Now, a window would be displayed that refers to the use of applications like iOS Mail, Outlook etc. Click on “Create app password” to reconnect to your applications.
Some applications like iOS, Android, Yahoo Messenger for PC etc. demands a specific password to connect that application to Yahoo. If you enable two-step verification, you will be required to create an application password for such applications. You can follow the above mention Method 1 to create this.