This Suspicious Activity error may occur when your e-mail account is used for spamming after been hacked or Yahoo misunderstood your general email-sending as spamming. Yahoo temporarily shuts down your email account to make sure that you are not doing this and to find out the actual spamming source. During this period, you will have access to all your previous emails but you would not be able to send or receive any new mail.
This is basically a temporary error that corrects itself within hours. You just have to wait till the time Yahoo corrects it on its own.
Given are the symptoms of this error:
- Due to this error, Yahoo blocks the mail account of the account holder in doubt of some suspicious activity.
- The user is not able to sign in to his/her account.
- As a result, the user can’t send or receive any emails.
There can be many causes for this error to happen. Given below are the same:
- The user might have sent a number of mails from the single mail account, at the same time.
- The mail a user is trying to send might contain any suspicious links or attachments.
- It is also possible that some else is trying to login to your account. So as a safety measure, after few attempts Yahoo might have blocked your account.
By following below-mentioned practices, you can avoid these kinds of error for future:
- Sometimes if you send a number of emails in a very short span of time or just 1 mail to a number of contacts, Yahoo can block your account temporarily. If you keep sending emails to a large group of people, you better use Yahoo Groups as a preventive measure.
- You can also try Signing off from your Yahoo mail and then again sign in. It can also help removing this error.
- After few hours, try sending an email again but without hyperlinks or attachments to only 1 recipient.
- It can also happen that somebody else tries to sign in to your account without having an authority or you have forgotten your login details and are attempting to sign in to your own account. In such cases, after a limited number of attempts, Yahoo blocks your account temporarily. It’s possible solution is that after few attempts, if you are asked to enter the captcha code, try entering it correctly and get back the access to your account.