Yahoo Mail is the most popular web-based email service which is used by millions of people across the globe. The ability to receive, download and open email attachments in Yahoo email is important to your business as the email attachments can contain invoices, memos, and other important business documents. below are some email attachment related issues with their solution.
The following are some of the email attachment related problems in Yahoo:
1. The first problem of email attachment in Yahoo can come from the configuration settings or security settings of the internet browser. The problem can be solved by upgrading the web browser so that you have the latest version. If your browser is out of date the settings may not be properly configured to open your Yahoo email attachments.
2. Security issues are also responsible for the email attachments problems.
An Email, containing files that can be a security risk won’t be delivered. Yahoo doesn’t support file formats like .exe, .bat, and .jar as these can be used to distribute malware.
3. Antivirus software and proxy firewall settings may also be responsible for the problem with the Yahoo! Mail attachments.
Disable the firewall protection or any anti-virus, as these programs may block downloading attachments. After downloading the Yahoo email attachment, to allow downloading and the opening of attachments, add an exception to both the programs.
4. Sometimes there are problems downloading any attachments from Yahoo emails the message “The requested URL was not found on the server “always pops up.
The antivirus software you are using can result in this problem. Yahoo uses Norton to download attachments and two virus protections cannot run at the same time. If you’re using Trend Micro, go to ‘Virus Controls’, then ‘Protection Against Viruses’. Now, click on ‘Settings’ and untick the checkbox ‘Threats in Web mail attachments’. The same procedure of disabling the antivirus must be followed with other antivirus programs, as well.
5. Sometimes my Yahoo inbox stopped working while trying to open an attachment while using Mozilla Firefox. Disable any browser add-ons or plugins as these may trouble to download the attachments.
Following these simple steps would also help:
- Select “Start” and click on “Control Panel”.
- Select “Network and the Internet”.
- Click on the “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Under “Browsing” option, uncheck the box “Enable third-party browser extensions”.
- Restart your browser and try downloading the file again.
6. It also happens sometimes that after using the Google web browser to switch my account to Yahoo Basic Mail and refreshing the page my Yahoo inbox remained frozen. Yahoo can also face technical difficulties that prevent us from attaching the files even when you can still read, write or edit emails.