The following are the steps to configure Yahoo Mail in outlook using the IMAP settings:
- The first step to configuring your Yahoo Account to outlook using IMAP settings is to open Outlook and go to the file tab.
- After going to the file tab just above the settings button click the add account.
- After clicking the add account select manual setup or additional server types.
- After selecting the manual setup to choose service select POP or IMAP.
Fill the Information Example:
- For the server, information add your user information.
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- The next step is to add your login information as below.
- After adding the Logon information go to more settings and select the outgoing server tab.Check box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server and then click “Ok”.
- And Now, Go to the advanced tab in the same window and verify the following Steps:
- Step 1: Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Step 2: Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Step 3: Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
- Step 4: Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
Then click “Ok”.
- If you will enter everything correctly, both tasks will be completed successfully and you can close the window and again click next.
- After clicking next Click Finish.
- And now you can check your emails through Outlook.