If it doubts that your account has been hacked, we will block it temporarily to protect you. This normally happens when it sees some unusual activity such as high volume of emails being sent from your account, or logins from countries which are known to be high-risk or some other unusual pattern of usage.
There are the following causes which are responsible for the blocked Outlook account-
Method-1: By Security code-
The first step for unblocking the blocked account is unblocking by getting the Security code.
- To unblock your account go to https://account.live.com and sign into your blocked account.
- You can enter a phone number to request a security code be sent to you via text message, or if your phone doesn’t support texting, via an automated phone call.
- If you do not get security code at the phone number you entered you can try again or try a different number.
- The text message which you will get will have two numerical codes – one in the body of the message and one in the header. The one you need to use is in the Body of the message.
- After you enter the security code, you’ll need to change your password to complete the unblocking process.
- If you do not get a security code after repeated attempts or the security code does not unblock the account, go to Step 2.
Method-2: by Customer Support-
- Microsoft gives customer support for Outlook.com.But as this is a free product this support is mainly via email exchanges and not the phone.
- If you are not able to unblock your account with the security code and changing your password, customer support can still help you get your account back.
- You have to sign in to your account and fill out an online form to contact customer support.
- You will also have to give an alternate email address where a Microsoft customer service representative can contact you.