Outlook offers the capability to download only the e-mail header, which includes the sender and the subject of the e-mail and display these onscreen before downloading the message itself. This enables you to browse through your e-mails without actually having to download all the e-mails and their attachments in their entirety, which can often be a lengthy task.below are some step that helps you to download only E-mail headers.
Steps to download only the e-mail headers-
1. On the Send / Receive tab, choose to Send/Receive Groups.
2. In the Send/Receive Group list, choose Define Send/Receive Groups… (or press Ctrl+Alt+S).
3. Select a group to modify and click Edit.
4. From the Accounts section on the left side of the dialog box, you can select the mail account that you want to modify the settings for.
5. Select a folder from the list of folders in the Folder Options section and then choose the option download headers only.
It is possible to have a different setting for each folder in an account, so, for example, you could set Outlook to download only headers in a folder that you know gets a large volume of e-mails.
Note: This works only for POP3, not for IMAP protocol…
6. Click OK to save the setting.