Steps to set-up email in outlook (2016)
- In Outlook, choose theFile.
2. UnderAccount Information, choose Add Account.
3. On theAuto Account Setup page, enter your name, email address, and password, and then choose next.
Steps to set-up email in outlook (2011)
- Open Outlook 2011.
- If this is your first time using Outlook 2011, you’ll see a welcome banner like the one in Figure 1.
- If you are adding another email account to Outlook, from the top menu, click on Tools. Then click on Accounts. See Figure 2.
- Click on the Email Account icon, see Figure 3.
- This window is where you enter your email information
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 or IMAP. We recommend IMAP. Learn more about the differences here.
- Enter mail.example.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter mail.example.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections.
- Enter your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the User Name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
- Next, we’ll configure your Outgoing server settings. Click on the More Options… button. For Authentication, select Use Incoming Server Info. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections. Click OK to save your settings.
Steps to set-up email in outlook (2010)
- In the first Step, the user has to start outlook.
- When prompted to configure an email account, clickNext.
3. To add an email account, clickYes, and then click Next.
4. Enter your name, email address, and password, and then click next.
5. To exit theAdd New Account dialog box, click Finish.
Steps to set-up email in outlook (2007)
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Click the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
- Click on the Email tab and click on the New… button.
- Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
Enter your full email address and password. Outlook should automatically configure your account for you. If not, proceed to the next section.
TIP: Check out our automated tool for easy email set up! Automatically configure email clients on your PC, Mac, or iOS device with just a few clicks.