Outlook 2010 is the best among the list of Personal Information Manager (PIM) apps available out there. It not only sends and receives emails but it also provides tools and features which make it possible for the users to manage and organize tasks, emails, calendars and contacts under one cover.
These are the following steps to manage the contact address book:
- In the first step, Launch Outlook 2010 to take a closer look at Contacts options available, Click contacts.
- After clicking the contacts the Contacts main window will appear showing the existing contacts.
- The next step is to go to the Home tab, you will see a list of Contacts groups; New, Delete, Communicate, Current View, Actions, Share, Tags, and Find. From these groups, you can customize existing contacts in a lot better way. We will be digging deep into groups, From New group, you can make a new contact at once
- The next step is to click it to start entering required information.
5. After going to the Home tab start making new group right from the scratch from new contact group containing different members and their related information.
- The next step is to make new items such as; E-mail, Appointment, Meeting, Contact, task etc. in New Group.
- After making new items Choose the desired content and click delete button for deleting any existing contact.
There are a lot of options available to communicate with the existing contacts in the communicative group-
As seen in the figure you can select the contact and click E-mail. You can also send the selected recipient a meeting invitation.
As seen in the figure with the help of more options you can search more communications options: you can make a call, or reply to the instant message, create a journal entry and assign a task to selected contact.
Switch to different views from Current View and it will at once show you the contacts in selected views.
From Move options, choose the destination where you want to move the selected contact. From here you can move selected contact to different folders.
The following are the steps for sending a contact for Mail merge purpose.
- Click the Mail merge.
- After clicking the Mail merge its dialogue will appear from where you need to fill out the required fields and specify the document location, before clicking
As seen in the figure you can send the contact directly to OneNote with a single click as outlook 2010 offers excellent As Outlook 2010 provides superb cohesion with other Office Suite apps.
Sharing the contact-
For sharing the contact you have to choose the desired option from Share Group. You can forward it as Business Card, Outlook Contact and as a Text message.
From Tags group, you can stick different tags with the contacts, allow colored categories and make selected contact as Private.
Find a contact-
You have to enter the search keyword in Find a Contact search box to find out a specific contact from a long contact list.