1. In the first step, Connect to the Outlook.com.
2. Now, click on the People icon.
3. Go to Import contacts section and click on Start import.
4. Select the service from which you want to import your contacts like Yahoo, Google etc. and follow the onscreen instructions.
5. Now, your contacts will be exported from your selected internet service provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Windows Live Hotmail etc.) as a .csv file. You will still have access to these contacts in your original account.
6. Now select your .csv file and click on Upload to upload your .csv file to Outlook.com.
Importing the contacts to Outlook: You’ve exported your contacts from the service provider like (Gmail, Yahoo etc.) and converted them into a .csv file. Now, you can import them into Outlook following these simple steps:
1. Open your Outlook account and Select File tab.
2. Choose Open & Export from the left panel and then select Import/Export.
3. Select Import from another program or file and click on Next.
4. Select Comma Separated Values and click on Next.
5. Select Browse, go to your saved .csv file, and select it.
6. Select how you want Outlook to handle duplicate contacts:
- Replace duplicates with items imported
- Allow duplicates to be created
- Do not import duplicate items, and click on
7. In the Import a File box, select the destination folder: Contacts and click on Next.
8. After the importing is done, click on Finish.
9. To view your imported contacts, again select People.