When you try to send a mail or message to the other computer or to other Outlook account then the sending of the files gets failed and it gives you a very critical error code on the screen of your computer i.e. office 2011 error code 50. Prompting of this error code makes you very frustrated as you cannot even access the Outlook account properly.
Symptoms of error code 50 –
Slow performance of the outlook application, unable to send emails and other messages, sudden shutdown of the computer, office 2011 starting issue etc are the main symptoms.
Causes of outlook error code 50 –
PST files corruption, virus infection, if there is any special character inserted in the name of the recipients, bad internet network, outdated or corrupt office 2011 application etc are the main reasons
Ways to fix Microsoft office outlook error code 50-
You should check you outlook profile is correct or not, if not then you can correct with following steps:
- Go to the windows control panel, then mail.
- Click on mail setup.
- After this, the click on the show profiles and then adds.
- Create a new outlook profiles, add your emails account to it.
- Open outlook with your new profile.
- Try sending the message again.
You should check your sent items or email folder is not overly large.
- Rename a corrupt outlook.dbx files.
- You should resolve this issue from the cleaning the registry.
- Ensure you have uninterrupted internet server or connection.
- Erase suspicious email message from your mailbox.
Some of the possible workarounds have been listed below that can be implemented by users as per their suitability:
- By running Remover Office – a utility provided by Microsoft as a part of Office 2011 suite. Once you run Remove Office, run Repair Permissions. Now install the application from CD and upgrade it with the latest updates. Restart the machine and again run ‘Repair Permissions’.
- Having semicolon in the outgoing server name can also result in causing the occurrence error 50. Due to the semicolon, users are generally unable to send emails using their Outlook 2011 account.
- Create a new account for verifying the configured email address in order to switch back to the old email account with error 50 as a solution.