Windows Phones are famous for its issues and errors. One of the Errors famous among all of them is Error Code 80c805e2 in Windows Phones. This Error Code 80c805e2 is highly faced by allot of Microsoft Windows Phone users. Most Commonly this error 80c805e2 happens while synchronizing Microsoft Account. This Windows Phone Error Code 80c805e2 can happen in a different situation but it happens only because of synchronizing issue.
When you try to sync your Microsoft account (such as your Hotmail or Outlook.com account) on Windows Phone 8, you receive error code 80C805E2 and a “We’re having a problem syncing your information” error message:
We’re having a problem syncing your information. Try again later.
Error code: 80C805E2
You may get this error if:
- You bulk deleted items, such as text message threads.
- You deleted or moved many email items over a period of time.
Methods to resolve this error-
To resolve the error, try the following solutions in order. After each solution, try to sync your phone. If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
- Disable text message backup
- Sync the Deleted items folder
- Empty the Deleted items folder
- Reset email sync
- Reset your phone
Cancel or Disable Text Messages backup:
If the Error is occurring because of the excess number of text messages in your device being backed up the solution for that will be
- Tap on Start Button and slide the screen from Right to Left to get the Apps List
- Check for Settings which is a Gear Icon and Tap on it
- From the Applications, list Tap on Messaging and you will be finding the Text message Backup option which should be Turned Off.
- Scroll down and you will also find the Chat Backup option which should also be turned Off.
- After you have done this go back to Settings then scroll down to find the Email+accounts option and Tap on it.
- Then find your Mail account which you want to Syn and Tap and Hold on it till you get the Sync option and Tap on it.
Sync Trash Folder:
- From your Home Screen open or Launch your Mail App
- Then open Inbox
- Now tap on the 3 dots icon on the bottom of the screen and then tap on Folders in the list
- Then tap Show all folders where you will be getting the mail folders
- From the list tap on the Trash or deleted items folder and in the options appearing tap on Sync this Folder.
- Also, Sync the folder to which you are moving folders too. Go back to your Microsoft account and tap on Sync button which might take several minutes to Sync all data.
Reset Email Sync:
When the above tricks are not working try this step as well of resetting your Email Sync which might be the solution.
- Tap on Start from your Home Screen and go to Settings and Email+Accounts
- Tap on your Microsoft Account and hold it to get the Settings for the account
- In the options find the Content to Syn option and Uncheck or Deselect the Email Checkbox and tap on Done.
- Go back to settings of your Microsoft account and go back to the Content to Sync and Reselect the Email check box which was deselected earlier and tap on Done.
Reset your Windows Phone:
This has to be the last resort after all else has failed and as this step will remove all data from your device and bring it back to Factory Settings you have to make sure that you have Backed up all data before going for Factory Reset.
- From your Home Screen tap on the Start button and scroll your screen to the Left side to get the options
Scroll and find Settings with the gear icon and Tap on it
- Then scroll down and tap on About and from the options appearing tap on Reset your Phone
- You will be asked if you are sure, Tap Yes and again a pop-up box appears where you need to Tap YES again.
- Now the Factory reset procedure will start on its own and your phone will restart on its own after completing the Factory reset.