For personal and office use Microsoft Outlook is one of the best organizational tools offered in the computer software world. Folders can be easily added into Outlook and they stay until you decide to remove them for some reason. Folders provide a way to organize email messages, contacts, and tasks in Outlook. To add a folder to the Follow the below steps-
Create a folder in Outlook 2010
Step 1: In the first step to add a folder on Outlook is to open your Outlook. Click on “Folder”.
Step 2: After clicking on the folder option you will see a sign (+) next to the folder click on that.
Step 3: After clicking on the sign + you will see a box which comes for naming the folder
Step 4: Write the name of the Folder you add in the empty box which you see above.
In this way, a folder can be added in outlook.
Create a folder in Outlook 2007
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Folder (CTRL+SHIFT+E).
The Create New Folder dialog box opens.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the folder.
- In the Select where to place the folder list, click the location for the new folder. The new folder will become a sub-folder of the folder you select.
- Click OK.
Create additional folders in the navigation pane
Outlook lets you create additional folders to help you organize your messages, contacts, tasks, and notes. For example, you can create a folder for personal e-mail messages that you keep separate from your work messages.
- In the navigation pane, click Mail , Contacts , Tasks , or Notes .
- In the navigation pane, select the folder under which the new folder will be saved.
- On the Organize tab, click New Folder.
- In the navigation pane, type a name for the new folder.
NOTE: If you create a new folder under a Microsoft Exchange account folder, the new folder will also sync with the Exchange server.