This error inhibits the user from sending or receiving any emails, something that can be quite disruptive and troubling. Most of the users who have experienced this problem have been faced with it after upgrading from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016.
Ways to Resolve Outlook Send/Receive Errors-
Method 1: Test Internet Connectivity
This is a basic step to resolve Outlook send/receive an error. For this, open any of the web browsers and just enter a web address say “https://ww.google.com/”. If the home page opens with normal speed, it is an indication that internet connectivity is fine. In this case, switch to the next method to fix the problem.
Method 2: Delete Suspected Message from Mailbox
Although spamming filter of Outlook is very powerful but it is possible that an email virus is present in any of the mailbox message. Open Webmail account and delete the suspected message.
Method 3: Email Scanning with Anti-virus Program
Integrating virus scanner with MS Outlook can have following disadvantages:
- Errors while message send/receive
- Duplicate emails or deletion
- HTML code of mails visible
- Mails stuck in outbox folder
Using Outlook, virus scanner integration with it can be disabled by following the steps:
Outlook 2003 and older Versions:
- In the Tools menu, move down to Options. Click on the Other tab and chose Advanced Settings.
- Click on Add-In Manager or COM Add-Ins button according to add in that has to be disabled.
- In the Tools menu, drop down to Trust Center and chose Add-Ins from left pane
- At the bottom of the screen, click on “Manage” drop down list and disable the required add-in. The anti-virus add-in is probable to be available in COM Add-ins segment.
Outlook 2010 and 2013:
- In the File menu, click on Options and select Add-Ins
- Click on “Manage” drop-down list at the bottom and select Add-in category for disabling anti-virus.
Method 4: Check Outlook Email Account Settings
If there are errors while sending or receiving emails, the probability is that Outlook is not configured properly. To revise Outlook account settings, check the following attributes:
- Email address of account with which Outlook is configured
- Check the type of email account: POP3, IMAP, or HTTP
- What is the Username and Password entered
- Name and address of POP3 or SMTP Server
- If Secure Password Authentication needed
- Check out the email port numbers
If nothing seems wrong, it is recommended to correct the details or delete existing account and configure it again.
Method 5: Repair MS Outlook
If Microsoft Office installation is likely to be corrupt, then the idea is to re-install it. Another option is to repair it. However, the repair option is available only for Office 2010 and 2013 versions.
Open Control Panel and chose the program that has to repair. Right-click on it and choose “Quick Repair or Online Repair” option. This will fix required files and probably make Outlook functional again.
Method 6: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
The Safe Mode of Office Suite applications helps to fixes problems if detected at the time of startup (or ignores it for an uninterrupted start). To start Outlook in safe mode, hold on the CRL key and click on the application shortcut. You will be asked for confirmation if you want to start Outlook in safe mode? Click Yes.
Method 7: Delete Messages Stuck in Outbox
Sometimes when a heavy file is sent through Outlook, it get stuck in outbox and when attempt is made to delete this message, you get an error message. To workaround, enable the “Work Offline” mode of Outlook and then delete the message. Again activate the “Online” mode of application.
Method 8: Increase the Server Time-Out
The Server timeout defines the time limit for which Outlook should wait for Server to respond to send/receive the request. By default, this time is 1 minute which is very low. For example: As we discussed above that large sized emails get stuck in outbox which is because less time is set for sending the message while the Server may take time for responding to its completion.
Method 9: Run MAPI Repair Tool
Error while sending or receiving Outlook message can also be encountered if mapi32.dll file is corrupt.
Sending and Receiving reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.
To workaround, run MAPI Repair Tool (Fixmapi.exe file) that will be available under C:\Winnt\System32 or C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Method 10: Incorrect Mail Address in SMTP Distribution List
An invalid email address can also cause message send failure resulting in error 0x8004210b. This is why it is recommended to test the email address first before sending emails to required person in the distribution list.