If you have observed suspicious behavior in your account or unfamiliar emails sent from your email address then your account is likely to be hacked. The best possible way to deal with hacked account is to change the password. Don’t forget to use a strong password when you reset. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change your password.
- Open any of your browsers and type https://account.live.com/password/reset then press enter.
- After entering the URL in your browser, check the option “I forgot the password” and then click “next”.
- After clicking next, enter your username and enter the captcha from the picture in the respective fields then click “next”.
- After clicking “next”, check the “Text*******55” and then enter the phone number and then click “send code”.
- After clicking “send code”, you will get a code to the phone number which you mapped with your account. Enter the code in the respective field and press next.
6. After clicking next, you have to type the new password twice in the respective fields then click “next” and then you are good to go. Your password will be changed. Keep a strong password to avoid hacking your account.