It is an old issue which is actually not solved yet. If any Hotmail user suddenly can’t send emails and this error appears, it means that Windows Live Mail can’t connect to the MSN, Outlook, and Hotmail servers. According to the professionals, the problem is connected to two sorts of authentication that are using your credentials at the same time. Users who have configured WLM via secure HTTPS link for syncing and connecting emails this error appears and bothers a lot. This error has bothered users far many times and not solved for an unknown reason. Therefore, users are advised to configure their emails via IMAP and POP3 settings. Coming to the solution for this error, users have to reconfigure their mail account.
In order to fix this problem follow this simple steps-
- In the first step click on the Accounts Tab– find the + symbol with the “@” sing and click it.
- You have to enter your e-mail address, password, and display name.
- Select the “Manually Configure Server Settings” option.
- Under “Incoming Server Information” Click “IMAP”.
- Type “imap-mail.outlook.com” in the Server Address field and type “993” in port.
- Select “Requires a secure connection SSL”.
- Locate “Outgoing Server Information”.
- Here, type “smtp-mail.outlook.com” as a server address and in port type “587”.
- Select “Requires a secure connection SSL”and “Requires Authentication”.
- Press“Next” and you’ve done here. Your account has been re-configured.