If you’re using Windows Live Mail to access Outlook.com and experience one of the following:
- Error: Server: https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003
- Unable to Sign in or access mail. (Outlook.com, MSN, Outlook.com and Live Mail)
The following error message would appear when trying to sync the email accounts:
Server Error: 3204
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003
Here is the cause of the error code 3204:
This error occurs due to “installation of windows live mail”.
Methods to resolve this error-
These are the steps to follow to fix that problem:
Method 1: Edit the Windows Registry (do this at your own risk as deleting the wrong thing may cause your computer to malfunction)
- In Windows Vista and 7, click Start and type regedit in the Search programs and files text box.
- In Windows 8, move you mouse to the upper right corner, click Search and type regedit in the search text box.
- Once the Registry Editor is open, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows LiveCommunications ClientsSharedPolicies
- On the right-hand side delete the entry with the name ssl.live.com_MBL_SSL.
- Exit out of the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
Method 2: Rename Windows Live Mail 2012 Folders (rename it to be able to recover storage folders later)
- Ensure that Windows Live Mail 2012 is not running. Close it if it is.
- Open My Computer and navigate to C: UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalMicrosoft You may need to show hidden files and folders first.
- Find the folder named Windows Live Mail and rename it to Windows Live Mail Old.
- Close My Computer.
Method 3: Uninstall Windows Live Mail 2012
- Make sure that you have your email account settings handy as you will have to re-enter them again on completion.
- Go into Control Panel and click on Uninstall a Program under Programs in Category view.
- Click on Windows Essentials 2012 and then click on Uninstall/Change at the top.
- Select to Remove the program and all its components.
- Reboot the computer when complete.
Method 4: Reinstall Windows Live Mail 2012
- Download Windows Essentials 2012 from Microsoft again.
- Reinstall Windows Live Mail 2012.
- When complete open Windows Live Mail 2012 and proceed to re-add your accounts.
Method 5: Copy your storage folders
- Make sure Windows Live Mail 2012 is not running.
- Open My Computer and navigate to C: UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows Live Mail Old
- Right click on Storage Folders and select Copy
- Navigate to C: UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows Live Mail
- Right click on any white space and paste the copied folder in there, selecting to overwrite the Storage Folders folder that’s there when prompted.
- Reopen Windows Live Mail and your Storage Folders will be back. The folder names may be followed by random letters and numbers. It’s ok too right click on each folder name, select rename and then delete the random letters and numbers before saving.