The Single-Use code or the 2 Step Verification to Sign in Hotmail is the method to make your account more secure. Sometimes the issue may occur, while you are trying to enter the Single-use code and it is not working. In this situation, you can simply use the technique, which is to counter check your password & Hotmail username.
When you regularly sign in to your Hotmail account with Single-Use code, it may be better to use an app for that. The Hotmail Connector & Exchange ActiveSync is options to use for that purpose. You can simply enable these functions by installing these add-ons, just after enabling 2-step verification on your account.
Steps to Enable 2-Step Verification to Sign in Hotmail Account:-
The setting up of 2-step verification applies to your Microsoft account as a whole, but it also specific to your Outlook.com account.
- Visit account.microsoft.com on your browser, just after Hotmail account sign in.
- Here try to find the heading “Security & Privacy”, located just in the top text.
- From the new screen, find the text “More Security Settings” instead one can Click Here to move quickly.
- After receiving the code, enter it on the screen when prompted.
- Simply click on the link button “Set up 2-step verification” just a bit below.
Steps for Creating a 2-Step Verification App Password for Hotmail:-
- The first step of this process is quite similar to the above one. Open Security Settings Page.
- In the second step, you find the ‘App Passwords’ which is available as a link. Open this and you will see the password on your screen.
- You will use this password to whenever you sign in to Hotmail Account.