We use a lot of passwords these days, but some are important as your Google account. If you don’t remember your password then by following these simple steps you can immediately recover your password. If you have linked your account with a phone number or an alternative email address, Google can immediately reset your password or you can also opt for security questions.
Following are the methods to recover a Gmail Password:
Method-1 (If you have your Mobile number or an alternate Email address registered with Google)
1. If you forgot your password then go to this link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
2. Enter your Gmail address in the assigned field.
3. After entering the email address, click ‘Next’.
4. Click on ‘Try a different question’ or enter your ‘last password you remember’. Entering your last known password can help the recovery process, but it isn’t necessary for completing the process.
5. Google will now ask for your ‘alternate email id’ or ‘phone number’. Just provide any of these details and click ‘Next’.
6. Now, you will be asked to get a verification code from Google via a text message or an automated call. Choose any one and click ‘Next’.
7. Enter the verification code in the space provided and click on ‘Verify’.
8. If the code you have entered is correct then you will be allowed to reset your password and have access to your Gmail Account.
Method-2 (If you have not registered your Mobile number or an alternate Email address with Google)
1. Visit the page: www.gmail.com
2. Enter your Gmail address in the assigned field and click ‘Next’.
3. Now click on ‘forgot password’ link.
4. Now you’ll be asked to ‘Enter the last password you remember’. Enter the last password if you remember and click on ‘Next’ or click on ‘Try a different question’.
Note: At any point, you can ask for “Try a different question”. Google can ask for any information (security questions) like ‘the month and year’ you’ve created the email id or ‘your pet’s name’ and so on. It will allow you to reset your password only after proper authentication and verification. So try to provide maximum and accurate information.
If you are not sure about an answer, just provide your best guess. According to Google, “It also helps to submit your answers from a computer you’ve used in the past”.
5. Answer the questions asked correctly and once Google verifies that this account belongs to you, you will be allowed to reset your password.