Gmail’s Email is one of the best tools only to delegating the obligation of accessing and replying to your emails for the users. This tool helps the other user to access and replying on your behalf. At the same time your password and setting remain totally hidden.
Granting access to your Gmail account:
1. You and the delegate both need Gmail accounts, as this feature is available only with gmail.com addresses. Log in to your Gmail account.You must set up Email Delegation through Gmail’s standard desktop browser. You can’t grant access to delegates through Gmail’s IOS or Android application.
2. Click on the settings icon.This icon is will be visible on the upper right hand of the page and looks as a mechanical gear.
3. Select the “Settings”.This will take you to your General settings information.
4. Choose the “Accounts and Import”.This section will allow you to grant access to another Gmail user.
5. Select the “Add another account.
6. Enter the delegate’s gmail.com address and choose “Next Step”.
7. Choose “Send email to grant access”.A confirmation request will be sent to the delegate’s email account.
8. Sign in to your Gmail account.The delegate should sign-in to their personal Gmail account through a standard desktop browser, as email delegation cannot be accessed through Gmail’s iOS or Android application.
9. Open the e-mail sent by the Gmail Team.It will contain a request for you to accept the delegation.
10. Click on the confirmation link provided.Doing so will activate the delegation.
Verification and Confirmation for the delegate may take up to half an hour.
11. Tap on your profile picture.It will show you at the upper right hand of your browser window.
12. Select the delegated account.It will now appear on your own. Now you are able to read and compose emails on behalf of the other user.