This method will help you to forward messages from a Gmail account to another e-mail account. The same steps apply to any other account but Yahoo will be used as an example.
1. “Sign in” your Gmail Account.
2. Choose the “Settings icon”, and then “Settings” option on the pull-down menu
3. Select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option
4. Tab on the “Add Forwarding Address” button
5. Enter the forwarding address in the provided window (as shown on attached example)
- Select ‘Next’
- Choose ‘Proceed’
6. You will be asked to confirm the forwarding address.Now log on to the primary account. Google will send a confirmation email to your primary Gmail account, which you can see by logging out of the secondary account and signing into the primary account. Click the verification link in the email.
- Make sure to see the “Confirm Succeed” message to ensure.
7. Return to Gmail Settings and select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option. There will be 3 options shown for “status: POP is enabled for all mail” section which you have to check “Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” and in 2nd section which is “when messages are accessed with pop”, you have options to choose from Default is “Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox”.
8. Select the “Save Changes” button at the bottom to save your work.
9. You are done!Your new mail will be forwarded to Yahoo mail “from now on”.