One of the common errors that are encountered by the user of Mac Outlook is Error code 3253 displaying the error message:
“Connection to the Server failed or was dropped”
This error will restrict the user from sending email but is able to receive email. It will occur suddenly without giving any warning, which leaves user clueless of the reasons responsible for the error.
It signifies failure of the connection to the server that creates problem to the users sending emails.
The possible reasons for the occurrence of the error are:
- Email folder being of larger size.
- Incorrect information for the setup of Outlook account to Internet email account
- Corrupted Outlook system for the Gmail account.
- To provide a better resolution for the corresponding error, we will first find out the type of email account setup in Mac Outlook that can be POP3, IMAP, Exchange Active Sync (EAS) or MS Exchange.
- To check the type of email account, go to File >> Info >> Account Settings and check the drop down list option.
- EAS account can be Hotmail.com, Live.com or Outlook.com account.
- In next step, we can set up the email account in a new profile in Outlook using the steps given below:
- Go to ApplicationsFolder using Finder
- Right-click MS Outlook
- Click on Show Package Contents
- Go to Contents >> Shared Support and go to Outlook Profile Manager, double-click on it.
- Click on Create a new profile button and enter the name of the new profile.
- In the last section, we will set up the email account in the new Outlook profile created using the steps:
- Select Add account option in the setup page
- Choose the desired account type to add among the options: Exchange/Office 365 or Other Email (IMAP/POP)
- Enter the detailed information needed for account and click on Add Account
- Click on Accounts option under Tools Tab to add more email accounts
1. Add an Exchange Account
For this, click on Add option present at bottom left corner, select Exchange and enter the information related to Exchange account. User can configure the account automatically by selecting Configure automatically option and click on Add account.
2. Add an IMAP or POP account
Select Other Email option after clicking on Add, enter the account details and click on Add account.
If user cannot configure the account automatically, we can type the information manually.
- For adding online email accounts such as Google, contact your internet service provider to get account related information (IMAP or POP account type) and address of the mail server.
- For adding MS accounts such as outlook.com enter the information below: