The filtering options in Gmail are very powerful which helps you take different kind of actions for incoming mails. You can automatically apply rules to emails with specific keyboards, specific addresses, certain subjects and more by setting up criteria for filters. These filters help you in sort and label, blocking emails and forward to other addresses.
There are the steps that help you to Create a Filter to Block Email:
1. Select any email you want to block future messages from. Select the message you want to block by creating a block filter which is the easiest way. Click “MORE” option which is right side of the screen and select “Filter messages like these”.
2. A pop-up will appear just like the below-shown picture. Any additional information can be added. Apart from blocking a certain email address, you can also filter by subject line, attachment size, recipient and more. Once you are completed modifying the filter click on “Create filter with this search »”
3. Delete matching emails by applying the filters. Check the “delete it” box to block the respective email address. This filter helps you from appearing the email in inbox and deletes it immediately.
If your inbox contains multiple messages from a specific address you want to block, and wants to get rid of those messages in one time. Check the “Also apply filter to matching conversations” box. All the messages which fit your filter criteria will be deleted.
4. With this step all your blocking filtering will be created and message from past as well as future will get deleted.
Following are the steps that help you to Create Labels (Folders) in Gmail:
Labels allow email to have more than label which acts as folders. You can only manage labels with Gmail website; Gmail app doesn’t help you in creating new labels.
1.Select any email which you want to add as a label (folder).Label can be added to any folder.
2. Click the “Labels” button at the top of the message or list. This button has an icon of a tag. By clicking on the button all the labels will be displayed which you have. Type the name of the label you want to create. You can create a new label directly from this menu by typing it in at the top and then clicking the “(create new)” button that appears next to it.Type the name in the search bar.
3. Click “Create” to create the new label and apply it to the message.You’ll receive a notification that the label has been applied to your message.
4. With the above step, the label which you wanted will be created and you can view the label on the left hand side of the screen by clicking the more buttons. All the messages will be displayed by clicking the label.