One of the popular email clients in the world is Outlook, which has a host of powerful features. You have to add your email accounts in order to get most out of Outlook. You can import your calendar and add your contacts.
Follow these simple steps to setup Gmail in Outlook :
1. In the first step, Log on to your Gmail account.
2. Go to Settings.Click on the gear icon and select “Settings” which is on the upper right on the screen.
3. Without making any changes, most email services are allowed you to access the IMAP functions. In Gmail, you will need to enable IMAP manually.
Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP and check “Enable IMAP”
4. You will be able to check, organize, and manage your email in Outlook and on all of your other devices when you add IMAP email service. Any change in outlook will be affected on other clients of email.
Open “Microsoft Outlook”.
5. Click the Tools menu and select “Accounts or Email Accounts” and then click Add. If you are using Outlook 2010 or 2013, click the File tab and select the Info option. Click “+Add Account”. Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”, and then click next.
6. After Selecting “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”, a window will appear then check “internet E-mail”. Then click next.
7. Fill the information for your incoming Mail (IMAP) Server. You will have to enter the details to connect successfully to your Gmail account. After entering all the details click “More settings.” which is bottom right side of the window. Enter the details of “Server information” according to the picture then add the user name and password of the Gmail account which you wanted to configure in outlook.
8. After clicking “More settings”, window will appear then click on “outgoing server” tab and check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
9. In the same window, go to advanced tab and fill out the port number of incoming and outgoing server as shown in the picture and click “ok”.
10. Just confirm the every detail then click “next”.by clicking next your Gmail account will be configured in outlook.it takes to several minutes to configure.