With the help of email signature, you can automatically include a few lines of contact information to the bottom of every outgoing email message and it allows you to easily advertise your business or yourself. With the help of Gmail, you can set up a signature to include in messages you write.
The following are the steps to add Signature in Gmail:
1.The first step to adding a signature in Gmail is to select the ‘Settings’ from the drop-down settings gear.
2. In the ‘Settings’ window, scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section and select the option below ‘No signature’ to turn the feature on.
3. In the space provided, enter the text you want to use as your signature. If you have a logo, you can insert it as an image with your text or on its own. Hyperlinks can also be added to the text in your signature. Select the text to be linked and click on the ‘link’ button on the toolbar.
Hyperlinks can also be added to the text in your signature. Select the text to be linked and click on the ‘link’ button on the toolbar.
4. After clicking on the ‘link’ option, specify whether the link is to a ‘Web address’ or an ‘Email address’, under the ‘Link to: ‘ option. Enter the URL or the email address in the ‘To what URL should this Link go?’ box. If you want to test the link to make sure it works, click on ‘Test this link’. If you are satisfied, click ‘OK’.
5. After clicking on ‘Ok’, the link is inserted. When the cursor is on any of the linked text, additional options are seen like ‘Go to link’, ‘Change’, or ‘Remove’ the link. To hide these options, either click the “X” on the right side of the box or click on any other non-linked text in the signature.
6. Gmail spontaneously inserts two dashes (–) above your signature, separating it from the body of the email message, as shown below:
7. After the Gmail has spontaneously inserted the two dashes, you can select to leave out the dashes. To do so, select the “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the ‘–‘ line that follows it” check box. Note that this option will also insert your signature before quoted text in replies.
8. The final step to add a signature in Gmail is to Click on ‘Save Changes’. Once the signature is inserted into a new message, you can edit or delete the signature manually.
NOTE: If the user wants to insert an image into his/her signature he/she has to use the image which is publically available on the web.