What if you lose your password account? It would be a disaster for the Facebook generation who has grown accustomed to having Facebook ready round-the-clock. Do not worry; Facebook password can be reset easily if you still have access to your email account associated with your Facebook account.
1. Open Facebook site in your browser and search for your Facebook profile. Copy your Facebook profile URL from the web browser’s address bar.
2. Visit the Facebook Password Reset page at https://www.facebook.com/recover.php.Then paste your Facebook profile URL in the first text box on this password reset page. Click on the Search button to continue.
3. Facebook would search for the Facebook account associated with that profile and show you the result. Click on the button labeled “This is my account”.
4. In the next window, you might be able to see options about how you want to reset the password – through email, through SMS or through a phone call. Or it can just show a password reset button without any options. Click on the Reset Password button to proceed.
5. This would send you an SMS, a phone call, and an e-mail message. You can also check your email inbox for any Facebook reset message and wait for any SMS message on your mobile phone. The reset code is same no matter how it is sent to you. It can take up to 30 minutes for you to receive a reset code. After this click on “Change password”.