We can see a lot of Facebook accounts getting hacked. People were confused about what to do when their accounts get hacked. Nowadays, even elders are using Facebook a lot. But they might not have some technical knowledge about these hack stuff. Here are some steps that help you to recover your hacked Facebook account.
1. First of all, you have to visit “My Account Is Compromised” page on Facebook.
2. Now click, “My Account Is Compromised” button and you’ll be redirected to ‘Find Your Account’ page. Now you have to identify your Fb account either by entering your Email id or Username or Phone no or your profile’s Full name.
3. So once you’ve identified your account, it will ask you to ‘Enter a Current or Old Password’. So, enter your old password which you kept for that account.
4. Now when you enter your old password, it will ask you to ‘Reset Your Password’. So click it.
5. So, now you should be on ‘Reset Your Password ‘page. You can do that with two alternative options-
- If you can see your email id or cell no and if you have access to them, then use any of those options to reset the password. So follow the next steps on the screen and you’ll successfully gain your account.
- If the hacker has also ha*ked your email account or maybe he removed the existing email id or cell no in your Fb account, then click the option ‘No longer have access to these?.
- So when you click ‘No longer have access to these?’ you’ll be redirected to ‘How can we reach you?’ page. Now enter your new email id or phone no so that Facebook will send you further details about your account recovery process.
6. So now when you enter your new email id or cell no, then you’ll be taken to ‘Answer Your Security Question ‘page. You must answer your security question in order to gain the access to your account. If you fail to answer it, then I’m sorry, we can’t do anything to get back your account.
7. When you have successfully answered your security question, then you’ll be asked to choose a new password. So create a new strong password.
8. So after you choose a new password, you’ll get a message to your new email inbox of which you have submitted in Step5b. So in that message, there will be a link which will be given by facebook to confirm your identity. So Click it!!
9. So when you clicked that link, you have successfully recovered your account. Now all you need to do is, to come back after 24hrs. After 24 hrs, just login into your FB with new email id, new password!!