There was a feature on Facebook called “Other Messages” to see unsolicited messages in its messaging services now it has been replaced it with “Message Requests”, in this feature users are allowed to accept or ignore messages from people who aren’t Facebook friends. When someone who is not your Facebook friend has messaged you then you’ll get a notification, if you a have Messenger, Facebook’s messaging app.
All those notifications are actually being filtered by Facebook, so you don’t see every single person that’s trying to contact you. If you’ve been missing messages then follow these methods in order to find your missing messages-
On the Messenger app:
1. Open the app and tab on the gear icon, labeled “Settings”.
2. Select “People” option.
3. Choose “Message Requests” option.
4. You’ll likely see a few messages in here, but to see everyone, select “See filtered requests” button. Now you’ll be able to see your missing messages.
1. Go to messenger.com and on the upper right of the screen, tab on the messages icon.
2. Select the gray “Message Requests” link at the top of the drop-down menu.
3. Tab on “See filtered requests” button. Then you can see your missing messages.