Symptoms of Facebook Messenger Error 1
- “Error 1” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 1 while running the same program.
- “Facebook Messenger Error Code 1” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and also responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Causes of Facebook Messenger Error 1
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Facebook Messenger software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Facebook Messenger-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Facebook Messenger-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Facebook Messenger-related files.
Steps are given below for solving facebook messenger error 1
1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 1
2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
4: Update Your PC Device Drivers
5: Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Facebook Messenger Program Associated with Error 1
7: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
8: Install All Available Windows Updates
9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Error 1 in iPhone & iPad app
iPhone and iPad, users also keep getting network error 1 message on Facebook messenger. News feed just spins and provide this error. But everything else works like viewing own profile.
Reported devices especially; iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad Mini,
Solution 1: (Logout & login)
If you installed Facebook app on your both iPhone and iPad devices and it’s on same Wi-Fi network, follow my guide.
- On your iPad, remove Facebook app, Facebook Messenger app, remove Facebook account settings in setting app.
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Reinstall 2 apps and set your Facebook settings again in iPad settings app.
Solution 2: (Reinstall the app)
- First of all Uninstall the Facebook app and install it again.
Solution 3: (logout/login FB and turn off/on Wi-Fi)
- Logout and close Facebook app.
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Turn on Wi-Fi or use Mobile data.
- Open Facebook app and login again and also Refresh the news feed.
Solution 4: (Reset network settings)
Reset network setting via Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
If you activated VPN on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General and switch of connect to demand.