Symptoms of Facebook Messenger Error 1
- “Error 1” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 1 when running the same program.
- “Facebook Messenger Error Code 1” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Causes of Facebook Messenger Error 1
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Facebook Messenger software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Facebook Messenger-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Facebook Messenger-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Facebook Messenger-related files.
Steps are given below for solving facebook messenger error 1
Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 1
Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Step 4: Update Your PC Device Drivers
Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Facebook Messenger Program Associated with Error 1
Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
Step 8: Install All Available Windows Updates
Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows