These 104 error messages can appear during program installation, while a Facebook Inc.-related software program is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Symptoms of Facebook error 104:
- Error 104 appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 104 when running the same program.
- Facebook Error Code 104 is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Causes of Facebook error 104:
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Facebook software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Facebook-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Facebook-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Facebook-related files.
Steps of solving Facebook error 104:
Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 104
Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Step 4: Update Your PC Device Drivers
Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Facebook Program Associated with Error 104
Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow“)
Step 8: Install All Available Windows Updates
Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows