During this error, whenever a person tries to log into his/her account using Facebook app, an error message pops out on the screen stating “Sorry, an unexpected error occurred, Error code -994”.
Causes of Facebook error -994:
- You could face this error if you have installed an incomplete or corrupted version of facebook app.
- It could also be raised due to some other malicious app or program.
- It would also appear if you are on a malicious network.
- It may also be seen if you are using an outdated version of Facebook app.
- You could also see this error if you entering wrong login details.
- There are some users who also claim that this error can be due to wrong date set in your device.
- It would also arise if your DNS network is filtered out of Facebook.
Symptoms of Facebook error -994:
There are symptoms of Facebook error -994:
- Whenever you try to log into your account, your device freezes and slows down.
- It would also block background processes and programs.
- It would send you some critical messages in the form of error codes
- The software runs slowly until it is restarted.
Follow the below steps to Fix Facebook error code -994 while login in your iPad.
Step-1: Make sure you are entering correct login details.
Most often, if you entering wrong Facebook credentials, the app will show you error code -994. So, be careful while entering your login details.
Step-2: Make sure the date and time are updated on your device.
An outdated date and time in your device will mark you as a spam and would not allow you to log into your Facebook account. So, make sure that your device is updated with correct date and time.
Step-3: Check your internet settings.
Be sure that the network of your device is not being filtered or your DNS has not been changed. Also, make sure that your device has valid IP settings. Are you suspect your internet is being filtered by your ISP, try using Google DNS in your internet settings.
Step-4: Update your Facebook app.
As mentioned above, an outdated version of Facebook app might send you error -994 while you are trying to log into your account. So, make sure that your Facebook app is updated to latest version.
Step-5: Check if you haven’t installed any malicious app on your device.
Sometimes, people try experimenting with their device and lure into installing some spoof apps which could be malicious to your device. It could disassemble all the default settings of your device which at instance could make all other apps unstable. So, look out for those apps and uninstall them as soon as possible.
Step-6: Try using Mobile Data connection instead of WiFi.