Well, if you are an Email user then while working on the mail based application you often meet up with some technical errors which affect your work and you may irritate with this error. Among those errors Email error code 550 is the one.
A 550 email error is generally encountered when the recipient’s mailbox is unavailable due to being incorrectly typed or not found. The user receives a bounce-back message from the server with a variation of email error 550 in the subject, and the body should contain your original message that you attempted to deliver.
550 is one of the most common errors reported by users at the time of sending emails to exchanges the servers. 550 error means that there is some problem with the recipient server which makes it unable to deliver the mail.
At the time of facing this error, sender sends the emails to the receiver from the other servers to change the sending servers seeing this error in the bounced message.
Symptoms of AOL Error Code 550:
Here are the symptoms of this error…
- Popup generates with the blog that contains ‘Message sending failed’ message.
- Server to server connection fails. Etc.
Cause of AOL Error Code 550:
1. Wrong recipient address:
Sender bounces back this error message when the recipient address of that particular account to which sender sending the mail is wrong.
At times, a type in the mail address of the recipient can cause this email delivery failure. A missing alphabet or an incorrect correct can end up missing an email address.
It is also possible that an email address that once existed get deleted or removed from the recipient mail server. In such cases, the recipient server would be unable to deliver the mail to the receiver.
Even a misconfiguration or bug in the recipient server can cause the occurrence of the error at the recipient mail servers.
2. Incorrect DNS settings for the domain:
Email error 550 can also occur at the time when the DNS settings for the recipient domain are not correct.
3. Email filters sets for the domain.
Some recipient mail accounts can have mail filters. A catchall address or forwarder that relay to a non existing account can end up causing 550 errors.
Filtering foe the incoming mails using email fitters or anti-spam firewalls can end up bouncing emails from certain sender servers returning the 550 error message.
Various Forms of 550:
- 550 No such person at this address
- 550 No such recipient here
- 550 No Such User Here
- 550 No such user – psmtp
- 550 No such user (recipient@RemoteDomain.com)
- 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients
- 550 Recipient does not exist here
- 550 Recipient Rejected: No account by that name here
- 550 <recipient@RemoteDomain.com>: invalid address
- 550 <recipient@RemoteDomain.com> No such user here
- 550 recipient@RemoteDomain.com…User unknown
- 550 Rejected
- 550 relaying denied
- 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
- 550 Requested action was not taken because this server doesn’t handle mail for that user
- 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1)
- 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)
- 550 This user’s mailbox is full (recipient@RemoteDomain.com) – Try again later
- 550 Unknown user
- 550 Unrouteable address
- 550 User [recipient@RemoteDomain.com] does not exist
- 550 User unknown
Solutions of AOL Error Code 550:
Step 1: Always validate the recipient email address you’ve given in the email for any spelling mistakes or errors because many times user does the alphabetical mistakes.
Step 2: If everything is fine at your end, confirm whether the email account actually exists.
Step 1: Make sure that you’re DNS settings are correct otherwise if you notice DNS errors or missing MX record
Step 2: Contact the recipient server support and get it fixed.
Step 1: Check your outgoing firewalls and rules, if all good, contact recipient servers support and get the email filters verified for any erroneous filters or rules that can be blocking emails.