Aol Desktop Error Code 212 and other critical errors can occur when your Windows operating system becomes corrupted. Opening programs will be slower and response times will lag. When you have multiple applications running, you may experience crashes and freezes. There can be numerous causes of this error including excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware/RAM decline, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations and so on.
Symptoms of Error 212
- “Error 212” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 212 when running the same program.
- “Aol Error Code 212” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 212 error messages can appear during program installation, while a AOL Inc.-related software program (eg. AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 212 error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Error 212
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related files.
Methods to fix Aol Error Code 212?
Method-1 Scan the Computer with Reimage Repair Tool
This repair tool is free to download as well as easy to use. It scans, detects and repairs your computer for system errors like Aol Error Code 212. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Reimage Repair Tool. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Leave the checkbox unticked to allow the repair tool to start an automatic scan and click Install to start the installation procedure.
4. Reimage will now install itself on your computer. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point.
5. The tool will automatically start a preliminary scan of your machine to help determine the health of your PC.
6. Once the scan is complete Reimage will tell you which areas of your PC are damaged and if a repair is necessary. If it is, click on the Start Repair button in the bottom right corner.
7. After Reimage has finished it’s repair your computer should be fixed. You may need to restart your computer to complete the process.
Method-2 Automatically Fix Error Code 212 Aol Desktop 97 errors with RegCure Pro
1) Download and install RegCure Pro to fix Error Code 212 Aol Desktop 97 errors.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer normally to have a check.
Method-3 Run a full system scan with SpyHunter Automatically
Spyhunter is one of the most powerful spyware removal tools on the market. Spyhunter can help you detect and delete various kinds of malware, spyware, viruses and adware from your computer. Follow the removal steps below to automatically remove malicious files.
Step 1: Download removal tool SpyHunter by clicking on the below button.
Step 2: Following the installation wizard to install it on your PC. After the installation, launch SpyHunter and click ‘Malware Scan’ to perform a full and quick system scan on your PC.
Step 3: As soon as finishing the system scan, choose Select all and then click Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC
Method-4 Manually Uninstall
Step 1: Click Start, and then go to Control Panel.
Step 2: Click Add/Remove program app.
Step 3: If you know the offending program, click “Remove” to uninstall it.