AOL Desktop Error Code 104 can occur when your Windows operating system becomes corrupted. Opening programs will be slower and response times will lag. When you have multiple applications running, you may experience crashes and freezes. There can be numerous causes of this error including excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware/RAM decline, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations and so on.
Symptoms of Error 104
- “Error 104” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 104 when running the same program.
- “AOL Error Code 104” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 104 error messages can appear during program installation, while an AOL Inc.-related software program (eg. AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 104 error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Error 104
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related files.
Methods to resolve this error-
Method-1 Automatically Fix AOL Desktop Error 104 errors with RegCure Pro
1) Download and install RegCure Pro to fix AOL Desktop Error 104 errors.
2) Install the program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when the scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer normally to have a check.
Method-2 Run a full system scan with Plumbytes Automatically
Plumbytes is one of the most powerful spyware removal tools on the market. Plumbytes can help you detect and delete various kinds of malware, spyware, viruses and adware from your computer. Follow the removal steps below to automatically remove malicious files.
Step 1: Download removal tool Plumbytes by clicking on the below button.